WAX PATTERN DIE MANUFACTURING
CASTCO has in-house tooling department that is equipped with state of the art CAD-CAM system with CNC machines. CASTCO is the only investment casting foundry in South Africa with in-house tooling capability. Our tooling facility ensures that you will get your project in time without expensive processes of tooling approval and eliminates third part risk management.
- Chemical analysis
- Chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys by
Optical emission spectrometry (OES).
- Our advanced equipment allows us to offer our customers the fastest, most accurate and economical chemical analysis on samples suitable for spectrographic analysis.
- If you require rapid identification of metal alloys please contact us.
- Tensile test
- Yield strength
- Tensile strength
- Elongation and Reduction In Area
- Hardness test
- Brinnell hardness testing
- Rockwell Hardness testing
- Dynamic Fracture Testing
- Fatigue Crack Growth Test
- Destructive Testing
METALLOGRAPHIC AND MICRO-STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
- Rapid identification of metal alloys
- Leak and pressure testing
- Liquid penetrant testing (crack detection)
- Fully equipped x-ray facility
- Ferrous and non-ferrous alloys
- Macroscopic Examination
- Microscopic Examination
- 3d coordinate measuring machine
TOLERANCING AND DIMENSIONAL REPORTS
- Aluminum alloys
- Solution and aging heat treatment to international standards
- Steel alloys
- Annealing, normalizing
- Quenching and tempering
- Electro chemical processes
- Bead and sand blasting
- We have developed strong partnership with machining shop in Cape Town to offer complete casting parts solutions. 20% of our casting sales are machined finished which is a significant cost reduction to your procurement process.